Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Lovely Bones

Anybody out there wanting to see "The Lovely Bones" movie???? DON'T BOTHER!!!!
I was so excited to see this movie as I just finished reading the book, and it turned out to be a waste of 2 hours that I will never get back.

Alice Sebold creates such an incredible story about love, grief, and the bond between a father and his daughter. Throughout the story, the reader is able to connect with each of the main characters and learns about how they all play major roles in the deeper message of the story - that love outweighed revenge.

I can see how Peter Jackson was TRYING to get this same message across in the movie, but he seems to have gotten a little too caught up with the silly imagery of what "the inbetween" is supposed to look like. One of the characters was not even in the movie and too many pivotal moments were nonexistent.

I completely understand that movies are made for Hollywood and will not always be identical to the books, but I believe they also need to make sense!

If any of you are interested in "The Lovely Bones", PLEASE just read the book!



Spread luv,
Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment